Iva C.Baloun had her first experience of Chinese Medicine while growing up in Europe – Prague. There a close family friend – Neurologist practised Acupuncture in a local hospital. Her own grandmother was Dr of Medicine (GP), however Iva found acupuncture more interesting and decided to study TCM as soon as she arrived in Melbourne. Her travels took her first to Austria where she obtained Diploma in Massage Therapy. After leaving Vienna in 1987 she came to Melbourne.
Here she got to work part time in a multi-disciplinary clinic in Melbourne CBD and in Bayside Natural Therapies clinic where she was privileged to get to know Shelley Beer. Shelley kindly kept an eye on Iva as at that time she was also enrolled at the Australian Acupuncture College in Melbourne to study TCM. In 1993 Iva established her own consulting rooms in the Manchester Unity Building, Collins street, Melbourne where she practises to this day.
- 1987 Iva received Diploma in Massage Therapy in Vienna, Austria
- 1989 Diploma in Oriental Massage at Australian Acupuncture College in Melbourne, Australia
- 1993 received Diploma in Western Medical Sciences at La Trobe University in Melbourne
- 1993 received Diploma of Acupuncture Practitioner at Australian Acupuncture College in Melbourne
- Member of Australian Association of Massage Therapists since 1991 – 2020
- Member of Australian College of Acupuncturists 1993 – 1994
- Member of Australian Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine Association since 1997 – current
- Member of Acupuncture Association of Victoria 1998 – 1999
- Registered with the Chinese Medicine Registration Board since 2002 – 2012
- RMIT University Appointed External supervisor in the Division of Chinese Medicine in 2006
- Currently registered with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency) as a Chinese Medicine Practitioner – Acupuncturist, Registration No – CMR 0001739000